
Whilst I was sitting here eating my morning porridge, my mind ran over this new phenomenon that is taking sisters by storm. I’ve been approached now by at least three sisters attempting to sell or invite me to an ardyss party. If you are yet to know, the ardyss is a new slimming contraction, or as I like to refer, a fancy girdle. It is made out of the shape skimming fabric used after liposuction, and gives the illusion of dropping 2-3 dress sizes when on. You know my first reaction to that was like, so what, what when you take it off?? An apparently, this product can help redistribute your fat, improve your posture and squeeze your tummy in so tight you just won’t have the space to eat much...(yep, back to the Victorian corset days!) so apparently you’ll gradually lose weight because of this lower food intake along with the supplementation of some detoxing juices etc etc....
I’m obviously not a seller, so my description may be a little lame but, after having agreed to finally go along to one of these parties I began to feel a funny vibration with this thing. Firstly, I detest restrictive garments with a passion!! Tights and leggings are my worst enemy and I par with them every winter because I have to! But as soon as I step in the house I tear them off, how the hell could I get myself to wear this full bodied ting all day long? Nah...
Now I’m no slim Sistah (hence why they’re after me), and I battled all my younger years with weight and diet. Only recently have I felt I’ve got myself to a place where I can finally accept and love my body the way it is. I feel we live in a system obsessed with image, the way things look become more apparent then the content or how they feel. Taking the pressure off this burning desire to look a certain way that fits you into a place that others can accept, can really be the blessing that helps you to really look at yourself. I’ve no desire to go backwards and undo all the work I’ve done.
Most weight loss gimmicks focus on precisely that, weight loss, which is only a symptom of something else. I’ve done the quick fixes and what I always came to was maintenance. They can all make you lose weight if you apply it, but can you maintain it? Can you get to the source of your eating, learn what foods balance you and address your fitness issues? If not, I say don’t waste your money. When it comes to health there is no easy way around it, you can only heal from the inside out. Our bodies are only a reflection of internal dis-ease. A fancy girdle may make you feel good from the outside, because this society accepts you as beautiful when your slimmer. But every night when you take it off you’ll be faced with the same thing that made you buy it.
Picture all the wonderful comments we’ve got walking around with it on, how are we going to feel when we look at ourselves without it? Will you be comfortable going a day without it? Will this not create an imbalanced body image and discomfort without your suit (mask)? And say it does make us lose the weight, are you gonna wear that suit for the rest of your life to stop you from overeating? I think it’s time we take a really good look at ourselves.
I’ve decided to learn to love myself in the present with the understanding that, there really isn’t anything wrong with me! I am beautiful in all the sizes I’ve presented myself to the world in. Getting healthier and fitter is something I am working on, but instead of focusing on the outside I’ve decided to direct my vision on how I feel rather than how I look. So yeah, I want to feel lighter, have a spring in my step, be more mobile...which literally means, I want to be more balanced. This is a holistic process, and figuring out why spiritually you feel the need to lean on a vice such as food is really the key to unlocking your problem.
Over many generations we have learnt some ways that won’t shift over night. For me, aligning myself with my purpose is the only thing that is bringing me the kind of internal happiness that need not rely on something else for solace. And it’s a tough journey, but rewarding!
We just can’t get it from the outside in girls, learn to love you first and the rest will be that much easier.
Love & Light,
Pure Feminine xx
So good to see you on here, nothing but love to you sis for rejecting this false imagery of perfection which only harms. I hate garments like that too, the way I look at it is if ain't natural meaning all me I don't want to know, big up to you on your journey.
ReplyDeleteBless up Sis...xx
ReplyDeleteWooooooooohooooooooo!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful read! It came at the perfect time for me too! I am very much on the same journey, losing weight has always been a thing for me and it's only been over the past few years that I haven't tried to do it from the outside by some temporary way of doing it. Since I've been out here in Korea I've been working on myself. Weight loss hasn't even been on my radar, and because I'm doing what feels good to me, eating properly, getting outside, balancing my energies and feeling more comfortable in myself, only now is it all coming together. I haven't been on a scale in... well I can't remember my last time on a scale and I feel wonderful, beautiful, and more of myself than i ever have! All without trying to do so. So celebrate yourself beauty! Celebrate and love! Then celebrate some more!!!!
Love and light sis!
xxx